Many thanks to Natasha Donn and Paulo Reis
It is independent of the official story. It doesn’t work to the accepted timeline and it doesn’t involve gypsies, blundering burglars, or Eastern European child smugglers.
Says a member of the investigating group, the theory has been run past professionals from all walks of life, time and again.
The team are convinced that this now needs to be seriously considered by the investigative authorities.
They have communicated their findings to British prime minister Theresa May, and the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick (click here), but the six-page letter laying out what they believe to be “credible evidence” appears to have changed nothing (although it was purportedly forwarded to the Grange ‘investigation team’).
A new letter, translated into Portuguese - containing all the research, and the “detailed file of evidence” on which it has relied - has now been sent to the Portuguese Attorney General as well as newspaper and website journalists in this country.
Said our source: “It is a question of hoping one of them will have the courage to undertake what no-one seems willing to conduct in the UK: a serious investigation into what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann”.
This development comes just as the British Home Office is considering yet another request for funding of the Met’s long-running Operation Grange investigation.
Grange was opened in 2011 and has so far spent over £11 million investigating Madeleine’s disappearance against a backdrop of criticism, particularly over social media (click here).
As the Madeleine McCann Research Group waits to hear what develops from the 20-page letter - sent from the UK on March 6 and logged as received by the Attorney General’s office on March 12 - a leading member of the group said: “it is important that people follow this logically, and without preconceptions - however shocking the conclusion may seem”.