FOI Act 2000 request made 30 Nov 2015 - OPERATION GRANGE - Smithman, Tannerman, Closure of Case, Final Report
Tony Bennett Today at 12:38
I successfully submitted this request to the Metropolitan Police earlier today:
[ NOTE: I made this request via the 'What Do They Know' website. Any member of CMOMM or guest can follow the Metropolitan Police's responses to my request at this link: //www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/up_to_date_information_about_the ]
Dear Metropolitan Police Service (MPS),
A petition on the Prime Minister's website calling for publication of a report on the work of Operation Grange has attracted over 900 signatures so far.
Please provide the following information about Operation Grange:
1. On 14 October 2013 on BBC Crimewatch, DCI Andy Redwood presented two e-fit images of a man he said was 'the centre of our focus'. He asked people to say who he might be. He announced days later that hundreds had called in with a possible identification. Are we, the public, still supposed to be looking for him? Or has been traced, identified and eliminated?
2. On the McCanns' 'Find Madeleine' website, there is an image of a faceless man - whom the McCann investigation team still say is a suspect - wearing a dark jacket and beige trousers, which was drawn up by Melissa Little, paid for by the head of the McCanns' private investigation team, Brian Kennedy, based on the recollections of Jane Tanner, and released to the public in late October 2007, nearly six months after the reported disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Is Operation Grange still asking (as they were previously) for the public's help in tracing this man, as well as the man in the two e-fits? Or not?
3. Who will make the final decision as to whether or not to close or 'shelve' the active investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann...
(a) The current DCI, Nicola Wall, or any successor of hers?
(b) The current S.I.O. or her/his successor?
(c) A more senior Met Police Officer?
(d) Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, or any successor of his?
(e) The Home Secretary?
(f) The Prime Minister? - or
(g) Someone else?
4. If and when Operation Grange is closed, or the investigation is 'shelved', is it the Met Police's intention to provide a report to either (a) the public (b) the Mayor of London's Police Committee (c) the Home Secretary or (c) the Prime Minister on its work and achievements.
ETA: * Reminder of the link for the petition for the Home Secretary to publish a report on Operation Grange: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/108562
938 signatures so far.
According to FOI requests the Operation Grange investigation, into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, has cost millions of pounds MORE than the investigations into child abuse/murders spent on Operation Yewtree, Operation Midland and Operation Fairbank.
Operation Grange v Operations Yewtree/Fairbank/Midland
Compiled by 'Truestepper' on Sky Discussions: "It reminds me of a quote from the FBI:" "Taken alone, each piece ...
Did Madeleine McCann die on Sunday 29th April 2007, four days before she was reported missing? Strong evidence that she did.A short paper by the Madeleine McCann Research Group (MMRG) DID MADELEINE MCCANN DIE ON SUNDAY 29 APRIL, FOUR DAYS BEFORE SHE WAS REPORTED...
What happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts about the case that the British media are not telling youWhat happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts about the case that the British media are not telling you Among other things you’ll find in th...
Retired Police Superintendent, Peter MacLeod's free ebook: What really happened to Madeleine McCann?Written by retired Police Superintendent PeterMac: Many years have passed since the original e-book was published online, and...
What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 10 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted Madeleine McCann was reported missing by...
The journalist and the film maker: "They walked past the press, sniffer dogs, police to get to the shops. But they didn't get inv...
Is Dr David Payne, formerly of Leicester Royal Infirmary, now working at Woodland Hospital in Kettering, involved in the most shocking crime of the century involving the death of Madeleine McCann?Let's not forget that Madeleine Beth McCann, aged 3, is now dead Mr Payne. Should you still be on the Medical Register? Here's ...
29. Kate McCann confessing to her mother on the ‘phone, soon after Madeleine disappeared: ‘It was an accident, Mum, it was an accident’ Wh...
1. Did they use the babysitting service provided? NO 2. Did they use any listening devices? NO 3. Did they leave three children under 4 a...