Wednesday

Kate and Gerry McCann, prime suspects in their daughter's disappearance, continue to use Carter Ruck to silence those who seek the truth



Posted by Tony Bennett, Secretary of the Madeleine Foundation

This is to inform you all that at 3.35pm this afternoon I collected a large package from my nearest local Royal Mail Sorting Office which they had said on a delivery card was 'a white bag' and they had been unable to deliver whilst I was away on holiday and because it was 'too large for my letter box.

I was able to collect it this afternoon, not knowing what it was.

The lady at the sorting office (she's a Cockney) said as she lugged the package slowly towards me: "Blimey, it's a good job that didn't fall off on to me 'ed".

On reaching home later on I weighed it on my bathroo mscales and it was nearly a stone in weight.

On opening the package, there was a 5-page letter from Carrer-Ruck alleging basically that articles on the MF website, MR leaflets, and around four dozen items on this forum constituted a breach of ONE of the High Court undertakings given by me to the McCanns on 25 November 2009.

The specific undertaking they say I breached was "not to repeat allegations that the Claimants are guilty of, or are to be suspected of, causing the death of their daughter; and/or disposing of her body; and/or lying about what happeend and/or seeking to cover up what they had done".

I have been asked to remove a total of 22 articles from the MF website, and amend or cut two others.

So far as this forum is concerned, I have been asked to remove 42 of my postings, I give a full list of what the McCanns want removed below. I am urgently discussing with admin the removal of those posts from public view and so at any time these may disappear.

Incidentally the removal of all the posts and articles that the McCanns want removed will not necessarily stop the McCanns from bringing contempt of court proceedings, which would be brought before a High Court Judge. If found guilty of contempt, the three main remedies are: fine, seizure of assets, and imprisonment.

It may be noted that I have to date made 3,501 posts on here, and only 42 are deemed by the McCanns to be in contempt, that's less than 1.2%. The other 3,459 are presumably not regarded as being in contempt.

I have endeavoured since 25 November 2009 to stick closley to the facts and what may be deduced from, rather than finger-pointing and accusing - based on the legal advice I received at the time.

I can't publish the Carter-Ruck letter here (for technical reasons), but I can publish my reply to them, send just after 5pm today:


The removed material can be seen here for the next few days http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f36-new-the-gagged-section

Carter-Ruck to sue everyone


Evidence found in the McCanns apartment and hire car that Maddie is dead and the McCann's have faked her abduction and set up a fraudulent fund