Posted by Tony Bennett in Missing Madeleine forum:
Let us all spare a thought at this time for Goncalo Amaral who...
* investigated the murder of Joana Cipriano
* charged her mother and uncle and successfully prosecuted the case, putting them behind bars for 20 years
* led the Madeleine McCann investigation until removed from the investigation on 3 October 2007, his birthday, and only after Gordon Brown had been personally informed that he was to be removed
* resigned in order to be able to write 'The Truth About A Lie'
* was smeared hundreds of times in the British press as 'lazy', 'boozy', 'incompetent' and, of course, 'disgraced'
* wrote 'The Truth About A Lie' and produced a documentary about it, and as a consequence...
* had his dog killed
* was subject to trumped-up charges by the Portuguese establishment accusing him of covering up the the alleged torture of Joana Cipriano's mother
* had his trial unaccountably delayed for over 5 months, with 5 separate adjournments
* was convicted on the say-so of 3 judges and 4 jurors on, to put it at its highest, the slenderest of evidence
* has had his appeal against that unjust conviction denied for months because for some reason this particular jury has not yet been paid
* was the subject of an 'ex parte' court application before a judge with questionable connections who purported to ban his book from being sold in Portugal and abroad, purported to remove his copyright i.e. his intellectual property in 'The Truth About A Lie', demanded the return of all unsold copies of 'The Truth About A Lie', and warned him that he could face a fine of 1,000 Euros a day if he did not comply in full
* has now seen his company car and one-third of his company's income being seized by the court, again it appears on an ex parte application.
If anyone would like to send him personal good wishes I have his e-mail.
"Today, the only person prosecuted in the case of the disappearance of little Madeleine McCann is the officer who conducted the investigation."
Georges Moréas, Honorary Chief Commissioner of the National French Police