"Madeleine is probably dead", said McCanns in October 2007
Update from the Find Madeleine site: Mr Amaral's Book & dvd banned by court order
" We are pleased with the Judge's decision today preventing further distribution and sale of Mr Amaral's book and dvd -'The Truth of the Lie'.
Mr. Amaral's central thesis has no evidence whatsoever to support it. To claim as he did, that Madeleine is dead, and that we, her parents, were in some way involved with her disappearance, has caused our family incredible distress and it continues to do so.
Without doubt, Madeleine will have suffered as a result of the negative effect this book and dvd will have had on the search for her.
Sean and Amelie need protection too from such awful claims.
Hopefully this injunction today will go a long way towards reducing further unnecessary and unjust distress to us all and allow people to concentrate completely on what is important - finding Madeleine."
Q – Former inspector Gonçalo Amaral remains convinced of your involvement in Madeleine's disappearance. Did you read 'The Truth of the Lie', the book that he wrote?
Kate and Gerry – No.
Kate – Why would I?
Gerry – I won't learn anything from reading it.
Q – Aren't you curious to know what the book says?
Kate – What for? It must be nothing but a load of rubbish. It is so secondary… It certainly won't help to find our daughter. My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that. (yes you did)
Q – But you do know the theory that Gonçalo Amaral defends: Madeleine accidentally died in the Ocean Club apartment and you concealed the body.
Gerry – It really is a waste of time. And we need all the time that we can get to analyse the investigation's documents, which contain a lot of information that we didn't know about.
Kate – You just have to cross, loosely, his theory with the process in order to understand that the facts that he reports are not correct.
in Expresso Interview
Maddie is probably dead, McCanns say
A spokesman for the parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann say they have finally accepted that she is probably dead.
It is the first time they have publicly expressed their fear.
The family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, told reporters that Kate and Gerry McCann are realistic enough to know the likely fate of their daughter.(....)
A former South African detective with a record of finding missing children was called in by Kate and Gerry McCann. in London Evening Standard
"I am almost 90% sure Madeleine is dead. There is always the slight possibility that she could be held hostage in one of the houses in the area on my map, but I feel this is very unlikely. If her body had been moved, my equipment would tell me she is no longer there." (...)
Krugel has been in regular contact with Madeleine's parents, who have thanked him for his help. But his appeal for them to turn their attentions to the site to help find her body has not been answered
Last year, Krugel claimed to have uncovered a "forensic route" from the McCanns' holiday apartment at the Oceans Club Resort, along paths and roads to a nearby beach. (...)
The sooner we find Madeleine's body, the sooner the police can find out who murdered her," he said.
in The Star.co.za
Facts from the DVD Process
- According to a preliminary, not final report, made by the Forensic Science Service (FSS) of Birmingham, England, this cellular material belongs to MADELEINE.
- Besides the cadaver scent dog strongly alerted to the room where the McCann couple used to sleep.
- There was also a new strong cadaver scent alert given on KATE's clothes.
- There was also a strong cadaver scent alert in the car used by the couple (since May 27th, 2007), along with the human blood detecting dog's alert to the luggage compartment of that vehicle.
- The before mentioned FSS's Interim Report indicated that there are, resulting from the examinations made to the luggage compartment, biological components that may be compatible with the ones of the minor ; however, this test does not definitely show that the traces originated in MADELEINE's body.
- The cadaver scent dog, as well as the human blood detecting dog, also gave Alert to the key of the before mentioned vehicle. The Laboratory also confirmed the existence of GERALD McCANN's DNA in the key. Furthermore, this last Alert was given by the dog's when the key was placed away from the vehicle and in a place out of sight.
1. Apartment 5 A, Ocean Club resort, the place from where the little girl disappeared:
cadaver scent dog:
*in the couple’s bedroom, in a corner, next to the wardrobe
*in the living-room, behind the sofa, next to the apartment’s side window;
human blood detecting dog:
*in the living-room, behind the sofa, next to the apartment’s side window (exactly in the same place the dead body scent dog gave the alert);
2. Yard area close to apartment 5 A:
cadaver scent dog:
*in one of the flower beds – the trainer commented on the swiftness of the detected scent;
3. Apartment where the other GROUP members were lodged:
*NOTHING was detected by any of the dogs;
4. Current house of the MCCANN couple (at the time the inspection was carried out):
*NOTHING was found in the house by any of the dogs;
5. In the village of Luz:
*NOTHING was detected by any of the dogs;
6. In the clothes and belongings of the MCCANN family;
cadaver scent dog:
*in two pieces of cloth of KATE HEALY
*in one piece of cloth of the minor MADELEINE
*Possibly, in the cuddly toy of MADELEINE (the cadaver scent was detected while the cuddly toy was still inside the house where the family stayed at that time).
*the alert was confirmed outside the house;
7. In the vehicle used by the MCCANN family;
cadaver scent dog:
*alerted to the car key;
human blood detecting dog;
*alerted to the car key;
*alerted to the inside of the car’s luggage compartment;
8. In the vehicle used by a friend of the family, who was lodged in the same resort for some days at the same time:
*NOTHING was detected by any of the dogs:
9. In all vehicles used by the arguido [formal suspect] ROBERT MURAT and by persons close to him:
*NOTHING was found by any of the dogs.
(In a total of ten vehicles, the dead body scent dog and the blood scent dog only alerted to the vehicle of the MCCANN family, rented on May 27)(...)
• Forensic examinations are being carried out to the places and objects marked by the human blood scent dog and to which this dog gave alert.
• Based on the performance of the dog team, revealing the possibility of the presence of a body in the apartment and in the vehicle used by the MCCANN family, and in order to give GERALD MCCANN and KATE HEALY the chance to have their position in the proceedings safeguarded, they were named arguidos [formal suspects], merely due to the possibility of their involvements with a possible cadaver.
-The information gathered at the beginning with the family and friends – a GROUP made up of a total of nine adult persons – reveals some disparities and shows that it is necessary to determine with certainty the precise way these facts have occurred.
-According to the parents and to the other members of the GROUP’s account, they went to have dinner, all of them leaving their children, sleeping, in their own apartments.
-We are aware that, “a posteriori”, they got together in a meeting where they remembered the rules referring to the continuous supervision of the children while they were having dinner.(....)
Following the analysis made to the information obtained from the statements, one of the members of the GROUP, JANE TANNER, became very important due to the information she gave: she saw someone, at dinner time, around 09.15 p.m., crossing the street that provides access to the main entrance of the apartment towards ROBERT MURAT's house, carrying a child.(...)
- We can also perceive hte lack of a consistent version about the alleged sighting of the man carrying the child in what concerns GERALD MCCANN and JANE TANNER's statements, as well as in what concerns JEREMY WILKIN's witness statement, who was in that place, at the mentioned date and time.
- Even the place where, allegedly, they would have passed by each other is not very well explained by none of them.
- Since there was an Alert given by the two dogs (dead body scent/blood), behind the sofa of the living room, it was possible to consider that MADELEINE McCANN's dead body may have been in that place, which originated the gathering of material to be subject to biological examination.(...)
Processos Vol X
Pages 2533 - 2534, Service Information, Date: 2007/09/03
Subject: Disappearance of Madeleine McCann
During the course of the ongoing investigation, various personal contacts were made by the undersigned with Kate and Gerald McCann, within my task of serving as communication element between the police and the McCann couple.
Within this context, the undersigned was present during various “strange“ behaviours by the couple, who gradually began to react in a very negative manner to the increased investigative activity carried out by this police force, especially during the use of the English sniffer dogs for detecting cadaver odour, when more evidence arose in the investigation for the hypothesis of the death of Madeleine McCann.
Several times, the McCann couple said that the attention of the police should be maintained focussing on the abduction hypothesis, which, in the couple’s opinion, was the only scenario that occurred and that the police should not forget to continue to investigate the suspect Robert Murat.
Strangely, Kate also made several requests, three months after the disappearance of Madeleine, that the police should take blood, hair and nail tests of Madeleine’s twin siblings, because, as she said, she remembered that on the day of Madeleine’s disappearance, in spite of all the commotion and noise made by the authorities and other persons who were looking for Madeleine in apartment 5ª of the OC, the twins never woke up, having been transported to another apartment, they remained asleep, due to which she now presumes that they were under the effect of some sedative drug that a presumed abductor had administered to the three children in order to be able to abduct Madeleine, a situation which Kate refers to being possible according to what she read in a criminal investigation manual given to her by the British authorities, that would have been the procedure of the abductor in the real case involving abduction, rape and murder of the girl.
Today, when the undersigned went to the McCann’s temporary residence to notify them of the need to present themselves at the police station to make statements, being able to take their lawyer with them, Kate McCann immediately reacted in a negative manner, making comments such as “what are my parents going to think” and “what is the press going to say when they find out” and that “the Portuguese police is under pressure from the government to finish the investigation quickly”.
With regard to Gerald McCann, he constantly insisted in giving the undersigned letters and emails that he was receiving, mostly from psychics and mediums, whom he had selected and which mainly contained information without much credibility about the possible whereabouts of Madeleine and her presumed abductor.
More recently, and even before Kate’s interrogation, during a telephone call between Gerald McCann and the undersigned, he made a reference regarding the investigation, that he was certain that the police did not have any proof that could incriminate them with regard to the death of Madeleine McCann and he said that the police were wasting their time in directing the investigation around the parents.
The full process translated to English here
by Joana Morais: Where does the Truth Lies?
Also from Joana: State of Affairs: Laundering of a Disaster
Gonçalo Amaral: "What they want is to make money in order to pay for their house in Rothley, which is what they have been doing."
Compiled by 'Truestepper' on Sky Discussions: "It reminds me of a quote from the FBI:" "Taken alone, each piece ...
Did Madeleine McCann die on Sunday 29th April 2007, four days before she was reported missing? Strong evidence that she did.A short paper by the Madeleine McCann Research Group (MMRG) DID MADELEINE MCCANN DIE ON SUNDAY 29 APRIL, FOUR DAYS BEFORE SHE WAS REPORTED...
What happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts about the case that the British media are not telling youWhat happened to Madeleine McCann? 50 facts about the case that the British media are not telling you Among other things you’ll find in th...
Retired Police Superintendent, Peter MacLeod's free ebook: What really happened to Madeleine McCann?Written by retired Police Superintendent PeterMac: Many years have passed since the original e-book was published online, and...
What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 10 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted Madeleine McCann was reported missing by...
The journalist and the film maker: "They walked past the press, sniffer dogs, police to get to the shops. But they didn't get inv...
29. Kate McCann confessing to her mother on the ‘phone, soon after Madeleine disappeared: ‘It was an accident, Mum, it was an accident’ Wh...
Is Dr David Payne, formerly of Leicester Royal Infirmary, now working at Woodland Hospital in Kettering, involved in the most shocking crime of the century involving the death of Madeleine McCann?Let's not forget that Madeleine Beth McCann, aged 3, is now dead Mr Payne. Should you still be on the Medical Register? Here's ...
Dr David Payne, Woodland Hospital, Kettering, didn't want to tell the Police what he knew about Madeleine McCann's death - and still hasn't to this dayby jeanmonroe Today at 0:55 Interviewing UK Police Officer DC 1485 IVOR MESSIAH questioning Gerry McCann's 'best buddy...