Wednesday

Just in time for second anniversary: New suspect in Maddie case


By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

Published: Today

A MYSTERY new suspect is being hunted over Madeleine McCann’s abduction.

The search comes ahead of the second anniversary of her disappearance on May 3, 2007.

The man was “acting suspiciously” in the days before she vanished on a family holiday in Portugal.

Witnesses saw him loitering alone on a road near the flat where Maddie’s family were staying in Praia da Luz.

He will feature in a TV reconstruction of her abduction to be screened by Channel 4 on May 7.

Her parents Gerry and Kate have spent months combing the Portuguese police files on the case and believe the man could be vital to finding Maddie — who vanished just days before her fourth birthday.

He is said to be of Mediterranean appearance and in his late 20s or early 30s.

He is NOT believed to be the same man that Jane Tanner, one of the so-called Tapas 7, saw carrying a child on the night of Maddie’s disappearance.

A TV source said: “Information about this man was buried away in the files.

“It seems virtually no effort was made to find him by police.

“Witnesses said he was staring in the direction of the apartment.”

Gerry took part in the reconstruction — filmed at the resort last month — but Kate felt she would find it too traumatic.

The couple, from Leicester, are due to fly to the US today to appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

They will unveil images of how Maddie may look now.
-----
Source: The Sun
-----
Related link: Mystery man brings fresh hopes in new hunt for Madeleine
-----
Discussions at the 3 arguidos: A mystery new suspect is being hunted over Madeleine McCann’
The Irish Print Media Are At It Now...