Thursday

Spot the difference: Caylee Anthony and Madeleine McCann

Here in the UK, child neglecters - particularly if you're doctors who know Gordon Brown and can 'call in favour's - can be awarded £375,000.

Even better awards can be granted if you neglect three children, are believed to be involved in the demise and concealment of one of them, stage an abduction, frame an innocent man and create a fraudulent fund...


But in the USA it's a different story...


"Casey Anthony is now up to face First Degree Murder Charges over her daughter Caylee Anthony, despite no body

A grand jury returned charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators against Casey Anthony in the death of her daughter, Caylee, State Attorney Lawson Lamar said. The mother is being held without bond

You can read news coverage of it here And here

I'm just wondering if its a Capital State that she is going to be charged for murder in ? and if so can you be executed for murder when there is no body ?

Don't get me wrong I don't think Casey is innocent of her daughters disappearance/possible death, I think she is in up to her neck in it.. As per my previous post Caylee Anthony and Casey Anthony

But like my views on the McCanns, I highly doubt it was a premeditated murder. It takes a very evil person to purposely kill their own child. But I believe that she possibly tried to drug her to keep her quiet whilst she partied, and the child possibly overdosed or fell (just like what I think happened with the McCanns)

My utmost wish is that both these people as in Casey Anthony and the McCanns come clean, tell the truth of what happened, tell the police where they put the children and beg for leniency in sentencing.

My biggest upset is that these dear sweet little children Madeleine and Caylee are lying buried in a hole somewhere, with no respect for their little lives and their souls unable to rest in peace. Its not fair to the grandparents and the rest of the families either.

Nothing good ever comes of secrets and lies."

-----

Copied from Adopted Jane's blog here