Wednesday

Solicitor Tony Bennett makes contact with Leicestershire Constabulary

Post by Tony Bennett taken from Truth for Madeleine forum:


"Today I decided to contact Leicestershire Police to find out the extent of their continuing involvement with investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

I occasionally write freelance articles for publication so on this occasion I introduced myself simply as a 'freelance journalist'.

I spoke to a friendly-enough chap in their media/communications department called John Reeves.

He told me: "This is a Portuguese investigation..."

When I asked other questions, he said: "What's your number, I'll get back to you". I said there was no great hurry, perhaps he could get back to me in the next 2/3 days

For the record, these are the questions I asked him:

1) Is Leicestershire Police still actively involved in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?

2) If Leicestershire Police is not actively involved in the investigation, what is the current status of Leicestershire Police's involvement e.g. is the investigation into the disappearance 'suspended', 'shelved', 'abandoned', 'non-active' or what?

3) Is Stuart Prior still the Senior Investigating Officer in the case; if not, who is?

4) Is Leicestershire Police open to receive further information/evidence about Madeleine's disappearance?

I will let you know if I receive any answers."

-----

Response from Leicestershire Constabulary:

Just after 9am this morning I received this on-the-record response from Mr John Reeves, Media Relations Officer for Leicestershire Police:

QUOTE

"This is a Portuguese investigation. U.K. law enforcement agencies will continue to provide support to the Portuguese investigation. Leicestershire Constabulary co-ordinates this support. Detective Superintendent Stuart Prior is the lead on this".

UNQUOTE

-----

Link to the forum where Tony posts: Truth for Madeleine

-----
Related links:

The Madeleine Foundation
Tony Bennett (background)