(Ed. there, that's better - that's how it should be written in the UK press...now let's move on to the rubbish)
Last night Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns official spokesman, said: "Mr Amaral is a complete disgrace. His repetitive slurs are not only grossly defamatory but they are completely unfounded.
"What he says is so utterly at odds with reality it beggars belief.
"Kate and Gerry are looking and watching at everything he does and will not hesitate to take legal action against him if he continues to act in this sickening manner." Last week Kate herself spoke angrily about Amaral. She said: "As a professional and a person he has been a disgrace."
Gerry 'Bundleman' McCann
Gonçalo Amaral: "The day I was taken off the case, I was preparing the process to bring to Portugal a key witness"
Revealed: The real location of the Smith sighting
Gordon Brown has Gonçalo Amaral removed from investigation when he was "close to finding Maddie"
PJ admits children were drugged (Pt)
Phone intercepts confirm Maddie's death
Bed without traces of Maddie
Police files reveal McCanns and Tanner's lies
English defended the use of the dogs - Correio da Manhã
McCanns contacted witness who incriminated Gerry McCann
Kate tried everything to accuse Robert Murat
Brian Kennedy contacts witness Mr Smith
List of inconsistencies
DNA / Forensic Science Service
Portuguese Public Ministry admit Maddie died
From Amaral's book:
Chapter 8 - A man carrying a child on the way to the beach, page 111-114
- The Smith family, from Ireland, is in Luz for holidays, staying at their own holiday apartment; four adults and 5 children:
the father (retired, 58) his wife, his son (23 yr old) and daughter-in-law and their two children (ie, Mr Smith's grandchildren), his daughter (12), two additional grandchildren, 10 and 4, of another daughter back in Ireland.
- approx 21h55, they are returning from "Kelly's Bar", heading north, all spread out along the street
- they pass a man walking down the middle of the street, carrying a child, with the head against his left shoulder and the arms hanging down alongside the body, in light colored or pink pyjamas, bare feet, pale skin typical of British and blond, shoulder-length hair; the girl is about 3-4 years old, about 1 meter tall.
- The man is not dressed like a tourist; he's wearing cream or beige trousers, classic cut, of linen or cotton. He is white, 30-35 yrs, 1.70-1.80 meters tall, averagel build, physically fit, short, brown hair, with a face that looks tanned.
- Images of Robert Murat begin to circulate around the world
- Back in Ireland, the Smiths watch the news and learn of Jane's statement and the suspicions falling upon Murat.
- The father contacts the Irish police. He tells his story. The man he saw was NOT Murat. He knows Murat and it was not him.
- The father is almost certain that the girl he saw was Madeleine.