Tuesday

Eileen Hayes, the NSPCC's parenting adviser. “I once left my baby in the car...”

Last year, 15,000 calls out of 95,000 made to the Helpline went unanswered. The charity aims to improve that statistic by training more counsellors and encouraging people to take action sooner through the appeal. The appeal will also raise money for the NSPCC's ChildLine service, which last year had 2.5m calls with 900,000 going unanswered.

This is Leicestershire.co.uk article here


Eileen Hayes, the NSPCC's parenting adviser. “I once left my baby in the car for a brief time and when I came back, a policeman was waiting for me,” she says. “It's not illegal but it was embarrassing, and if anything had happened I'd have been done for neglect.
------
And that was the extent of your concern, getting done for neglect? Not that your child could have been abducted or come to harm? At least a kind policeman bothered to show up to babysit, Mrs Parenting Adviser.
-----


How young is too young to be home alone? article here

Discussion at The 3 Arguidos: NSPCC failing children
Related articles: