Friday

NHS & The McCanns: Abuse of Power

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Martin Luther King.

Hello, and welcome to my blog.

This blog came about because of my experience with Leicester Royal Infirmary and Glenfield Hospital. Briefly, my husband was diagnosed with an
inoperable and terminal condition in 2003, by Sir Professor Peter Bell. He was given 1-2 years to live. To cut a long story short, I researched the internet and corresponded with surgeons around the world and discovered that my husband wasn't actually inoperable at all. My 18 month battle with the NHS to secure a life-saving operation, against a ticking clock, is here on my NHS Death Row blog.

Anyway, the reason I became interested in the Madeleine McCann case - well, apart from the obvious reason that she was a young child who disappeared under mysterious circumstances (due to negligence from 2 NHS doctors) - was because Gerry McCann works for Glenfield Hospital (same department) and my battle with the NHS was between Leicester Royal Infirmary and Glenfield Hospital. I can reluctantly kind of understand negligence towards my husband, for the sake of saving money - but negligence towards your own child and then the obvious circus that ensued to make money from her? Madeleine's plight has kept many thousands of people gripped and shocked, including me.

It is clear that there is a 'Pact of Silence' from the British media and government regarding this case and this blog is my attempt to 'do my bit' to help ensure the truth comes out about what happened to little Maddie and that justice is rightly served upon her.

I also experienced a 'Pact of Silence' from the NHS and government - and I wrote a book about the ordeal called "The Silent Treatment" (with the help of a ghostwriter in the USA). I am of the opinion that Sir Professor Peter Bell abused his position of power to play God - he certainly went to extraordinary lengths to keep vital information from me. I also believe the McCann's are abusing their position of power by trying to ensure their daughter does not receive justice whilst they, themselves, escape it.

Some people may 'accidentally' arrive on this blog having only searched for information about the NHS,
Postcode Lottery, Glenfield Hospital or Leicester Royal Infirmary, etc, possibly having heard of Maddie's plight but believing what is published in British newspapers, and not realising just how many bloggers are actively seeking justice for an innocent 3 year old girl. I like to think of this blog as a filing cabinet of various information - a reference library for those who arrive here unsuspecting! They may well leave here with a different point of view. I hope so, if it helps to raise awareness.

Madeleine no longer has a voice. She is now reliant upon people like Gonçalo Amaral, Duarte levy, Tony Bennett, Paulo Reis, Joana Morais and the many forums and bloggers, who are in pursuit of the truth for her.

As Martin Luther King said "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Thank you for stopping by - and if you have any information that you think could be posted on this blog, please use the comments box.